Sunday, November 16, 2008

Bean Jazz #6, Easy Chick Peas w/ Lemon, Parm and Olive Oil

I found this recipe at orangette.blogspot.com, a wonderful food/eating/life blog run by Molly who very graciously said I could use it here. If you like to cook or to read or to think about life and how to live it, I highly recommend that you check out Orangette. Most of her recipes are not this easy but they are excellent and her posts are always fun to read.

I first made this a few weeks ago and now I'm hooked. I bought a bag of lemons at Pete's Fresh Market (my favorite place to get fruits and veggies) and I've made it about 8-10 times in three weeks. If you are scoring a recipe on the Tasty:Easy ratio, this one gets a perfect "10". My favorite way (so far) to eat these is next to some warm brown rice that has been sprinkled with soy sauce and olive oil.



Easy Chick Peas with Lemon, Parmigiano-Reggiano and Olive Oil

One 15 oz can chick peas (aka garbanzo beans)
Juice of about one lemon
Two tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup fresh parmigiano-reggiano cheese
A pinch or a few shakes of salt

(I'll make this as complicated as possible)
1. Rinse the beans and put them in a bowl
2. Squeeze the lemon juice onto the beans
3. Grate the cheese and throw it in the bowl
4. Pour the olive oil in the bowl
5. Add salt to taste

Delicioso!

No comments: